Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Word for the Year!!!

UPDATE: - After staying up after three debating my word and praying about what God want's me to focus on this year, I feel that God laid a specific word on my heart. I have decided to change it to


INTENTIONAL
done with intention or on purpose; intended


I think to many times we just let life go by, let things happen and not use those situations in life to learn from. I want my life to be for a purpose and to live the way God intends for me to live.

I want to be intentional with my children while parenting, be intentional in my time and conversation with my husband, intentional with relationships with family and friends, and most important, intentional with my walk with My Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ.

I think by being intentional then all of the other words that I have chosen will come naturally, including the word enjoy for being intentional in my life with those around me and the situations God presents me with, I will then find joy, peace, love, patience, and everything thing else I desire.


Laurie over at Tip Junkie is doing the word of the year. This is a word you pick to meditate and focus on over the year. So, I need to pick a single word to represent my goals for the year. This was pretty hard. I came up with several words that would really work for me.


FAITH
PEACE
PRAY
APPRECIATE
LOVE
BLESSED
ENOUGH


But I finally decided on one word that encompasses so many things that are important to me right now.

My word is......

to experience with joy; take pleasure in

I want to take time to enjoy all the blessing my Heavenly Father has given me.
My Jesus
My children
My husband
My friends
My home
I want to take a moment to enjoy my coffee in the morning while reading my Bible and falling in love with God more every day.
I want to get away from my daily chores and get on the floor and enjoy my children who are growing up so very fast.
I want to make it a priority to steal my husband away from the day and enjoy spending time with the man I call my best friend.
I want to Enjoy my life because I don't know how long I will be here or how long the things I enjoy will be here.

I hope you enjoy your year as well.

Brandy :)

3 comments:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love it!! Hope you have many moments to enjoy this new year!!

--Misty

Tara Bennett said...

Great word! May your 2009 be filled with opportunities to enjoy your many blessings!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

HI! Great Word! Thank you for stopping by to "see" me. :) Happy New Year. May you have a Wonderful 2009.