Monday, January 19, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

What a crazy week this has been. There are so many things that did not happen and I am excited about getting these things down, especially since these things are a complete figment of my imagination.

During this beautiful week, I definitely did not have to deal with a sweet little boy with pink eye in both eyes who also gave it to his darling sister and loving mommy. We do not teach our children to share in this house therefore there was no reason we would have a household full of double pink eye. Oh What Fun!

I did not tell my amazing 5 year old the horrible words of "Shut Up" because she had been talking and whining non-stop for over an hour. I would never say those awful words to my child, or anyone to that matter. And of course I did not cry uncontrollably after apologizing to her over and over. I did not feel like the worst mother in the universe because I know that I am a perfect mother. YEAH RIGHT!!

Finally, I did not and would never allow myself to get so excited when the Steelers played in the AFC championship last night. I absolutely did not allow my 5 year old to watch the game with us until nearly 11 p.m. We did not jump up and down on the bed when Troy Polomalu caught the game changing interception and run in for a touchdown. I am not that obsessed with sports and could really care less about the outcome of some stupid football game. Ha Ha! That's a funny one. I crack myself up. Not really!

I wonder what things I will not do next week. Hhhmmmm!

6 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Brandy, I hope you don't mind me writing to you here. I saw your comment on the LPM blog and my heart just went out to you. I am a Pastor's wife and PTL He is a godly man. I can't imagine what you are going through - my only advice is to keep doing what you know the Lord wants you to do. Stay in church. Stay on your knees (or your face) in prayer. Keep those babies in God's House. I know that things will work out. God will honor your obedience to Him. Think about that Grace. That Grace like Rain....

Praying for you,
Beth Herring

Wayne said...

Great not me monday . I found your not me mondays very funny

Rebecca said...

Yeah. I did not say those same exact words to my five year old this week. And then, my head did not explode and I most definitely did not cry and feel like the worst mom in the world. So, obviously, I do not relate in any way to this post. I hope everyone gets over the pink eye soon. I'm praying.
Love, Rebecca

Rebecca said...

PS--I love the new layout/background. It looks wonderful.

Unknown said...

Wow, pink eye is the worst. Well maybe not the worst, but pretty bad nonetheless. Great list btw.

Infarrantly Creative said...

You have so many blogs I didn't know which one to comment on. LOL! That is so cute that you daughter has been waiting to see pictures of Kayla. That warms my heart. Thanks for following my blog. It always blows my mind that people out there actually like to hear what I have to say. LOL! Enjoying my baby today.