Tuesday, December 23, 2008



I often complain about the color of the walls in our house. They are a very very pale cream, basically white. I am grateful, deeply grateful for my walls, but I am definitely not afraid of color. I would love to paint the inside of the house to make it less stark and more comfortable. However, purple, green, and yellow were not quite the colors I had in mind. I like the faux finish look in some areas, but I don't think a 1 1/2 scribbles quite qualify.
Haley decided to give Matthew a few crayons, markers, and pencils the other day in order to "keep him happy". Please understand she tried this a few days before with a RED dry erase marker and I made her scrub her walls. You would think that she would have learned her lesson after I made her scrub those walls. But Noooooo! Just so you know, red dry erase marker does not come off of walls so don't send your five year old to scrub the walls because she will scrub all the way to the white powdery part of the drywall and you will be left with a much bigger mess to clean up. BAAAAADDDDD! But, I digress.
I decided that Matthew and Haley would need to clean the new creation, mainly because I had cleaned 5 other walls and 2 doors and my hands and arms were tired. Where was I when Matthew colored my walls? Let me just tell you that a 1 year old can do a whole lot of damage while you are fixing a PB&J. Anyways, they had way to much fun scrubbing and most of it did not come off but of course I got some cute pictures. I am sure that this will not be the first time.
Does this mean I actually might get to paint my walls the color of my choice? HHHMMMMM????!!! Where are those markers and my toddler? Anyone want to color?

No comments: