Saturday, June 20, 2009

A whole lotta catchin' up to do...

Thanks so much to those of you checking in on me. Things have been truly crazy. As I sit here writing this the dryer is buzzing but I am fighting off the urge to save my clothes from wrinkles in order to actually finish a post.

The last several days I have laid awake in bed writing various posts...in my head. What is wrong with me. I had some really good ones but because I never wrote them down, they will probably never be.

Instead, I am going to play a little catch up on some posts that need to be updated a bit and tell you a little bit about what has been going on in this busy life of mine.

First of all, remember this post. I dropped the ball and forgot to follow through. That'll show me.

Here is what that mysterious picture really is.
Introducing.....my attempt at being more of a girly girl. If you have read some of my previous posts, you know this is something I am working on. I NEVER carry a purse. Having two children, I needed something. My dear friend Rhonda and I get together on Monday nights and this is something we came up with. The pattern is loosely based on a pattern we found but there were a lot of things we did not like about it so we adapted.
What do you think?
I am not a big Eiffel Tower person, but, this fabric I LOVE!!!!




I love black but I wanted a little bit of "happiness" inside so I went with a beautiful pink for the inside. It doesn't show well in the picture but there is some green in the pink fabric so I went with green pockets for a little more "happiness". No one will really ever see it but me.
I love all my pockets. Different sizes and depths. Skinny pockets on the sides for pens but I sewed them shorter so nothing falls in deep that my fingers can't reach.
We also cut a piece of plexi glass for the bottom and made a sleeve for it so that the bottom looks better. I can pull the plexi glass right out of the sleeve and throw the whole thing in the washer.
Cool, huh?


One of my favorite things about this purse is that I happened to find a Bible that matches the inside of my purse. It is even my favorite version. This is perfect because I love having my Bible on hand but I have a heavy monster one that isn't really conducive to traveling with.

I would love to hear what you think. I am currently making one for my mom who requested patriotic colors. I love her!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO BECKY FROM Infarrantly Creative. She had the correct guess for the contest. Go check her out and send her some love! She has fabulous crafts and tutorials. Not to mention, she is an adorable red headed stylin' mommy, with two fantastic children. She loves her husband, and more importantly, loves the Lord. Yeah!!!

I will be posting an interview with her as soon as I get the questions to her and she responds back.

Well, I need to go ahead and shut it down here for now. We have some crazy lightning going on right now and I would hate for anything to happen to my computer.

Off to fold some laundry.

Love you all,

Brandy :)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I've been wondering how you've been! How are the kiddos? Have things settled down for you guys?

That purse is SUPER cute by the way. You continue to amaze me. Maybe this summer we can plan our coffee date. Would love to get together!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I am so glad you are back. And your purse turned out fantastic! I can;t wait for my big interview. I feel famous ;-)

Macey said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Great job! I didn't know you sew too! :)
Macey

a mom in the 'burbs said...

Hey chica! Love the purse! You should run a contest where you give one away! With questions only I can answer! :)

The video of Matthew is fantastic. So exciting to see his progress!

Love and hugs to you.

Deb said...

REALLY cute purse! Doesn't really surprise me that you made it though. I've always known that you're quite creative and imaginative. :-)
Love you!
Miss you!