Thursday, March 12, 2009

These boots were made for walkin.....

So I am not a real girly girl. I love my oversized t-shirts, jeans, and tennies. Well, I used to. I am beginning to feel more like a slob. I never wear make up, rarely do much to my hair, and only own a pair of flip flops and tennis shoes.

Not sure really what has changed. I have been trying to lose weight and focus more on myself lately. Maybe it is because my daughter is almost 6 (next week) and she is taking more of an interest in appearance. I don't want her to grow up only seeing the extremes. You know, skinny and unhealthy actresses, singers, etc. vs. mom - the slob. I would like her to see more of the in between and help her to understand how to put on makeup in a tasteful way (quite a ways off I know but she likes experimenting at home). I want her to know that it is a good thing to take care of the body that God gave us...it is His temple and we should give it the best care.

I want to look good for my husband, although he loves that I don't wear makeup. He says it is one of the things that attracted me to him. I personally think it was the cute green skirt. :)

Yesterday was our MOPS Swap. This is such a fun day. All of the moms bring in stuff that they no longer use and then we get to go around and pick stuff that we can use instead. Does this make any sense? Okay, it's a swap. Swapping your stuff for someone else's. Last year I got some GREAT stuff including a brand new Pampered Chef stone bowl. You know, the big one that you can cook a roast or something in. I LOVE IT!!!

Check out one of the things I got this year.

I love these boots. I don't think they have ever been worn. They were my size and, I am assured by my fellow MOPS moms, they are light years away from flip flops and tennis shoes. What do you think?

I came home yesterday and wore them around the "shoes off limits in the house" house. I loved the clanking sound they made on my wood floors. I even called some of my friends to tell them I was wearing them. I kept looking at my feet thinking they looked mighty cute and sexy ?!? Never a word I use to describe myself or any part of my body. Anyways, I totally heart them. I wander if I can clean toilets in them today? Hmmmm. Maybe I will save them for tomorrows night out with the girls. Maybe I might even try one of those cute skirts I have up in a bag on my closet shelf. Makeup might even be in the future. Well, lets not get too carried away.

Brandy :)

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

HOT! Totally hot. You rock those boots girlfriend.