Monday, March 30, 2009

Get on with it!

I'm sitting outside on an elevated deck on a gorgeous Spring day in Pittsburgh. I cannot remember the last time I sat outside, by myself, for longer than 2 or 3 minutes.
The only interruptions are the many birds that surround me. I am amazed by the different calls I hear; their own special verse that God has given them. They are beautiful even though I hear them more than I see them.
The trees are surrounding me. Their bare branches giving room to beautiful new buds. Soon they will be covered in numerous leaves that rustle in the breeze, accompanying the songs of the birds. I can picture children climbing all over some of these trees, hiding from the day to day life that creeps over us all.
The sun peeks out of the clouds and warms my face. It is as if God's breath covers me. He warms my heart and calms my soul. He brings me peace and joy during my struggles.

I came outside to have some quiet time with the Lord during a fabulous small retreat for a group of very special ladies. It has been thought provoking, reassuring, comforting, and, at the same time, a little uncomfortable. God is working on me.....He has been showing me how I need to be faithful - ALWAYS - UNCONDITIONALLY! I know that he is, even when I am not. What a relief. I am trying. With God, I know I can do this. I need to be obedient. HE will provide the "How?"
Why is this so difficult? I KNOW what he wants me to do. He has told me more times than I can count. He has offered the ways, the doors, the paths. All he needs is me. I don't want to miss out on God's blessing because of my stubbornness, fear, and laziness. It could be so easy if I would just jump in all the way. NO MORE EXCUSES! Do what God commands. Be uncomfortable! Get over it and get on with it!

Lord God,
Thank you that you care enough about me and think I am worthy enough for you to command me to do something. I want to obey....I need to obey. I don't want any more unfinished business that is creeping into every crevice of my life. Guide me...hold me through this. Take away all obstacles in my life, real or perceived, so that I may do what you have commanded.
You are so wonderful Father. Thank you for all you are teaching me.
You are so Faithful.

In your Precious Son's Name,
Amen


Please continue to pray for Stellan and the entire McKinney family!
You can click the "Pray for Stellan" button at the right to find out the latest and how to direct your prayers.

No comments: